One of Geneva’s favorite meals was developed during the trip to the Canadian Maritimes. In Nova Scotia and New Brunswick there is not much Mexican food available. So after a process of trial and error, she developed this recipe for Chilequiles. She now serves it regularly to friends and family both in the van
(amounts vary based on supplies on hand and number of diners)
- Tortilla chips
- Eggs (2 per person)
- Red or Green enchilada sauce
- Grated cheese
- Sour cream
- Guacamole or avocado slices
- Chunked or canned chicken
- Scramble eggs until well cooked.
- Turn heat to low setting.
- Layer tortilla chips over scrambled eggs.
- Pour sauce over chips and cover for 3 minutes
- Gently blend chips, sauce and eggs.
- Serve hot and top with grated cheese and optional ingredients.